Why use Additional To instead of To?
- 'To' lookup field auto fills the email that is associated with the current record/target object (record can be Lead/opportunity or any custom object)
- We cannot enter any email our self in 'To' field
- By default it populates with the current record
- We can also select another record from the search button to send emails to some other record, but at present there is a limitation here:
- From Leads the 'To' lookup only shows leads, not contacts
- Similarly, Opportunities shows Contacts, not leads
- Additional To works in the same way as 'To' in the Email Client
- We can type in any email address in 'Additional To', it is not dependent on any record
- We can also type in multiple email address in 'Additional To' separated by semi colon (;)
- Due to flexibility, the recommended approach is to us the 'Additional To' lookup which shows both Leads and Contacts and not dependent on the current record
- Auto-complete on Additional To will help you to fill in the email address(es) easily
Please contact email@example.com for any questions.
Was this information helpful?
Thank you Your feedback helps us to continually improve our content.
★★★★★ - EXCELLENT
★★★★☆ - GOOD
★★★☆☆ - OK
★★☆☆☆ - POOR
★☆☆☆☆ - RUBBISH