Set up a Redirection Rule on Outlook Server Side
While setting up a redirection rule for your external email address on Outlook, as best practice, we suggest setting the rules on Server Side of MS 365, instead of client-side.
Please follow these instructions to configure a redirection rule at server side in MS exchange:
- Go to MS 365 Admin Center
- Go to ‘Users’ and open ‘Active Users’ from the left panel
- From the list of all the Active Users, select the mailbox you want to apply the forwarding onto
- After selecting the mailbox, open ‘Mail’ tab from the section, opened at the right panel
- Staying on the same panel, look for ‘Email Forwarding’ heading and click on ‘Manage Email Forwarding’ link
- In the ‘Forwarding Email Address’ input area, enter the email address to which you want to redirect the emails i.e. your Salesforce long Email Service Address
- Click ‘Save Changes’
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
★★★★★ - EXCELLENT
★★★★☆ - GOOD
★★★☆☆ - OK
★★☆☆☆ - POOR
★☆☆☆☆ - RUBBISH