Understanding Tags and How to Use Them
Tags are like labels that can be used to organize your Emails. On each email, you can add one or multiple numbers of Tags. Tags have limit on maximum length of 20 characters composed from any unique combination of a-z, A-Z, 0-9, spaces and -, ., /, \.
e2a provides with 3 places to create tags:
- In e2a Global Settings: In Tag Settings section, press 'New' to create any tag. You can choose color of your choice for tags created in e2a Global Settings.
- On Email Detail Page (Email View): In Information section, tags can be added to an email. Type-in search functionality is provided to search and add tag in Email Detail Page. You can also create and add new tag. New tag created here will have any randomly selected color.
- On Email Client Page (Email Compose): Above Subject field, tags can also be added to an email on Email Client. Type-in search functionality is provided to search and add tag in Email Client. You can also create and add new tag. New tag created here will have any randomly selected color.
All tags are shown in e2a Global Settings
- Tags on emails can be made visible in e2a Related list. Go to Edit Layout | Related List | e2a Emails | Settings and add Tags from Available fields to Selected fields
- Tags are also shown in Email Detail Page and Email Client
- You can delete tag from e2a Global Settings. If you want to clear tags from email, it can be done from Email detail Page using cross on each tag or clear all tags button
- For outgoing email, you can remove tags from Email Client as well using cross sign on each tag or clear all tags button. Removing tags from Email Client only removes it for that send email
- If you want to Copy tags in Reply or Forward, please enable it in e2a Global Settings | Outgoing Emails | Copy Tags in Reply or Forward Email in Outgoing Emails section of e2a Global Settings
- If you want to copy tags for conversational incoming emails, please enable it in e2a Email Rules | Incoming Email Configuration | Automatically Copy Tags
Once tagged, e2a will keep track of Tag and mark all replies to that email with those tags.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.